Sunday, June 06, 2004

Nephi

City, seat (1882) of Juab county, north-central Utah, U.S. Located at the southern end of the Wasatch Range, the city was founded as an agricultural colony in 1851 and was originally called Salt Creek; in the late 1850s Mormon leaders renamed it after a prophet of the Book of Mormon. Nephi grew as a ranching and farming centre, later becoming a shipping point for gypsum mined in the vicinity

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home